Is It Helpful To Use Monitoring Devices To Supervise Your Workforce?
How monitoring devices can help your company?
Now there are two types of employers: those who try to hold everything under strict supervision and those who trust workforce and look only at tasks implementation. Both types stay not ideal because too much control can cause higher retention, the same way as low supervision can lower the workforce efficiency. The first question any manager should address before making any decision, does she need supervision through monitoring devices at all?
3 questions to ask before installation
Should I exploit phone trackers for monitoring my workforce? Typically, any employer has once asked a similar question. Inquiring reliable service can be costly, and it takes a lot of conflicts with employees who always want more freedom. Experienced employers know that no universal answer to this question exists; it all depends on your organization. That is why there are 3 simple questions any manager should ask before inquiring a phone spy:
- How busy is your workload? Financial and software development firms seldom use monitoring devices because there is always a lot of work to do. The logic of these firms’ workforce: you should work hard during the day for coming home earlier, that is why they will never try any additional activities;
- Is it better banning particular websites instead of inquiring a supervising device? Social media websites are most popular places where workers are tempted to come during any working day. Switching off access to Twitter or Facebook can reduce necessity in any monitoring devices;
- Which is the level of trust inside your organization? If any manager has done a proper selection of employees and if you’ve succeeded in building trustful atmosphere, your workers will not do any activity unrelated to their work assignments. If you don’t think so, mobile spy apps can help you build such a trustful atmosphere.
How to not turn spy app into the bomb
The monitoring device is capable of destroying your organization if you don’t do everything properly. Some managers tend to hide the fact that they use monitoring devices, but if employees know, trust inside your organization will be destroyed. A lot of questions will arise if you catch your employee doing some activity which appears unrelated to their position. If you want to inquire monitoring devices, you should do the 3 following steps:
- Introduce the spy app to all your workers proclaiming clear rules and outcomes in case of their violations;
- Provide reasons why do you want to inquire such an app; workers will agree if your arguments are convincing enough and if the team you’ve build is strong;
- Design the way for helping workers through monitoring apps. Most workers will agree if you tell that you want to assess, which additional training they need and provide a premium for those who work in the most efficient way according to the data you get.
If you make everything clear for your workforce, inquiring a phone tracker will not turn your organization into the nightmare. Make your staff believe they will also benefit from this technology and you will avoid any unnecessary conflict.